Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sweeping Motions

What’s messier right now — your bedroom or you computer’s desktop (or your favorite device’s home screen)? Tell us how and why it got to that state.

My bedroom is uncharacteristically messy in that the two baskets of books beside my bed are out of line and uneven. In addition, the huge TV underneath the window is sitting at an angle  from the wall. My children were home from college. I was lubricating the derailleurs on the bikes and took a moment to riffle through the books looking for the bike repair manual to give to my daughter's boyfriend, since I found him a decent mountain bike at Goodwill and had Tyler at Dicks Sporting Goods to repair. Connor has another bike in pieces on his apartment floor, and I don't understand the bike repair book anyway. Better to clear out detritus than to have clutter.

The TV, though, is driving me crazy. It was a hand me down I tried to give to the other daughter, and she carried it halfway out to the car before she told me she didn't need it. When she put it back, she didn't put it against the wall. Why? Why would anyone leave a TV set at an angle?

So now that they are gone, the dishes washed, the upstairs thermostat turned back up to 80, I should tidy the bedroom. I don't mind a little chaos, but I like my things geometrically aligned when I'm by myself.

No comments: